IFB

Sunday 11 August 2013

Current Book- Memoirs Of A Geisha



I feel like am late to post this too! But I must say this is the only book i have glued on each and everyday, second. Hard to believe; actually shocking that am not into reading just any type of books, i take hours in finding a book i want or like. I mostly like drama, romantic, deep, girly, thoughtful books that can educate you about something in life that can impact you, or something that i can relate to. So anything about struggles and morals of something, am down! I never like to choose between reading or watching the same story, such as Twilight, Harry Potter...etc. I hate those, hate having to do one or the other and also hate doing both. I like my visuals but i also adore using my own imagination and keeping my thoughts and images of the story between just my mind and the book. It makes me feel like have a connection with that story's content. (if you know what i mean) But i also love to just go and watch the movie straight without reading it first or after (like i don't read any of the Twilight books or Harry Potter books or any of the others along those lines. Don't kill me i just don't like to)

But back to the subject. I love, adore, cherish, treasure this story. I don't know which i like the most i love the book and film. Most people that just red the book hate the film. And people that just only watched the film found it a delight! I watched the movie with my friends and we laughed, cried, smiled everything. I was supper happy to find out that Zhang Ziyi was the lead actress, then i also found out that is produced by Steven Spielberg...haven.

Some people thought the movies does not show the true presentation of geisha. Found out that the actress and actors were not even from Japan and it was in English. Am fine with all that, but now i really want to explore about it.

So the story is about a girl called Chiyo who has been sold into slavery by her family to another family to become a geisha. The story explains about how she struggles in life as a geisha, how she got separated from her sister and had to put up with anything that is thrown at her. 



Let me know which you like more the book or movie. Have seen it even. And what books shall i read next. Or just comment anything below.

No comments:

Post a Comment